There may be occasions when you need to cancel a payment that's made by a contact on your system.
If your account is linked to the London & Zurich payment processor you will need to follow the steps below.
Important note: You will only be able to cancel a payment before midnight on the same day the payment has been requested.
To cancel a payment:
- Go to the contact's record
- Scroll down to the Payment History and click on Details beside the payment you wish to cancel
- Click on Cancel Payment
- You will need to type 'Cancel payments' into the confirmation box to proceed with the cancellation
You can also carry this action by going to Financials > Payment reports
- Click on the orange link which indicates the number of pending payments you have on the right-hand side
- Click into the amount to see the payment details, and the option to cancel
If it's too late to cancel the payment
If it's too late to cancel the payment, a message will be presented with the message "Sorry - it's too late for this payment to be cancelled". In this situation, the payment must be allowed to complete, and a refund issued if necessary.