In some circumstances, you may wish to update all or some of your contacts information at once - to find out how to do this, follow the steps below:
To perform a mass update, you need to create a spreadsheet with the information you wish to update.
Creating the Spreadsheet
For a mass update to be successful, your updated information spreadsheet must follow some simple rules.
- You need to choose from one of three options for the system to be able to identify your members and allocate the updated information to them. These options are as follows:
Option 1. First name and email address combination - Use this option to update any information other than first name and email address.
Option 2. Membership number - Use this option if your organisation uses the membership number field. Also, use this option if you are making changes to the email address or first name fields.
Option 3. LoveAdmin contact reference number – This is a unique reference number assigned to each record in the back-end of the system. This number will never change and is usually the best option to use. Especially in cases where you do not have membership numbers and want to amend the first name or email address fields.
All of these fields are exportable from the system export pages.
You can use any one of these options you wish, name your first column(s) after the option you have chosen. The columns after this are where you add the information you wish to update.
- The import file should be a standard Excel file and the worksheet should be named ‘Sheet1’.
- Field names (column headers) cannot exceed 60 characters so you may need to abbreviate the field in the field settings.
- Do not include any fields in your spreadsheet other than those you wish to update.
- Date fields must use the long date format with UK English as the location.
- If you would like to add members to a new group(s) with the mass update tool, you can by adding a column 'Group name' and entering in the group names against the related members. If adding contacts to multiple groups, separate the group name with a comma.
Uploading Your Update Spreadsheet
Step 1: Go to ‘Contacts’ > ‘Waiting Lists’ > ‘Actions’ > Select ‘Mass update data’.
Step 2: Click the drop-down beside ‘Update contacts’ information using’ you will be given the three options mentioned.
Option 1. First name and email address combination.
Option 2. Membership number
Option 3. LoveAdmin contact reference number
Choose the option you are using on your Excel spreadsheet.
Step 3: Click ‘Choose file’ and select your update spreadsheet.
Step 4: Click ‘Upload’.
The system will then add the upload to a queue, you can check the status of the upload from the ‘Mass update area’ and when completed you can click ‘Request payment’ to pick a scheduling option.
If there are any issues with the upload, the system will show ‘Partial complete’ in the status column. To see what the issue is, click on ‘Partial complete’.
Once you have followed these instructions your contacts’ information will have been successfully updated.