In some circumstances, you may wish to make someone a Non-Active Contact. Non-Active Contacts automatically go into the ‘Non-Active Contacts’ system group once their ‘Contact Status’ is made ‘Non-Active’ - to find out how to do this, follow the steps below:
Changing Contact Status
When changing a contact status to 'Non-active', please note the following rules apply:
- Contacts will no longer be able to log in to their account
- They will be moved out of the 'Master contact list and into the system group 'Non-active contacts'
- If the contact is in a group that you are sending an email to, you will need to 'opt them in' for receiving the email
Step 1: Go to the record of the contact you wish to change the ‘Contact Status’ for. When in the record, click on the dropdown next to ‘Contact status’.
Step 2: Choose ‘Non-Active’ to change the contact to a ‘Non-Active Contact’.
Step 3: Click save at the bottom of the page.
Once you follow these instructions the contact will be automatically moved into the ‘Non-Active Contacts’ system group.
Deleting Non-Active Contacts
Non-Active contacts can be deleted by following these steps:
- Navigate to Contacts > System Groups
- Click into Non-active Contacts
- Select the contacts > Actions > Delete (Step 1 of 2)